Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Shoden Foundation Course
About This Course
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Shoden Foundation Course will introduce you to the basics of Eastern Reiki and is the foundation on which you need to build on for the next levels.
There are three levels to the system of Reiki:
- Shoden Level 1 which teaches how to practise healing the self and the basics about helping others. At this level you are heading out on the path to self-discovery, this is just the beginning.
- Okuden Level 2 is where students learn three mantras and three symbols that aid in focusing the energy. At this level you discover your hidden inner qualities such as your Earth, Heaven and Heart energy. There is the opportunity to develop a professional treatment practice from these teachings.
- Shinpiden Level 3 focuses on personal development and teaches you how to perform attunements. At this level you move into discovering more about the mysteries of life, how you relate to yourself and the universe. This can be practiced for the rest of your life and is always a personal practice which can develop into a professional teaching practice if you so desire.
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Foundation Course contains the teachings of Reiki from a Japanese perspective, a branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho which focuses on spiritual and personal development.
Usui Reiki Ryoho is a non-westernised form of Reiki which means returning to the very source of the teachings. It has been practised in Japan since the early 1900s, long before the system came to the West. This particular method includes physical and energy enhancing techniques to help practitioners delve deeper into their practice. The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and regular Western Reiki courses is that the initiation process, course information and techniques taught stem directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms of the system of Reiki. The focus is on spirituality and personal development.
This Level I foundation course, known as Shoden, meaning ‘first teachings’ or ‘beginner teachings’ in Japanese, has a short Eastern lineage and introduces you to Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. You will also be introduced to the five elements of the system of Reiki, philosophical precepts, breathing techniques and meditations, hands-on healing and performing treatments for the self and others. You will receive Reiju, a spiritual blessing, or attunement from your Reiki master Teacher.
CPPD points: 10
Prerequisite: There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this qualification. You should have a caring disposition and be committed to fulfilling both Practical and Theory Elements. You must attend our centre for the Practical Elements and work through the Theory Elements, taking part in online discussions, assessments and reviews with your tutor via our Virtual Learning Environment. Practical elements may be of mixed sex and learners will be required to work on each other.
Duration: This course can be completed in a minimum of 2 days, on average it takes 3 weeks to complete the theory elements.
Course Delivery: Practical elements are covered at our centre over a period of 2 days 10.30am – 4.30pm or 2 hours per evening for 6 weeks. Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our Virtual Learning Environment. Underpinning knowledge and understanding is delivered and learning assessed online. Theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery because. You will have access to your course tutor who’s role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end and who will ensure that you reach your goals. You will also have access to our private Facebook group where you can communicate with other learners and graduates.
Virtual Learning Resource: Upon enrolment you will be able to login and access your course content. Simply progress through each section, lecture and quiz.
Minimum System Requirement: As this course is delivered via our online Virtual Learning Resource there are some minimum system requirements including:
- Laptop, PC or MAC
- Broadband internet connectionnimum Software Requirements
- Browsers IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Word (or equivalent)
Case studies: There is no case study requrement for this qualification.
Upon completion of both practical and theory elements a Full Spectrum Centre Limited Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Certificate of Achievement will be awarded.
Progression: On completion of this course you may choose to undertake further study; courses you could progress to include:
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 course
*Statistics depicted in this graph collated from genuine learner feedback
What do I do now?
Begin your journey of self discovery, train for a new career or expand your current skill set, enroll on our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Foundation Course today