Indian Head Massage is a form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago and includes a back, shoulder, neck and head massage, incorporating acupressure points. Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissue of the body to produce therapeutic effects on the muscular, vascular and nervous systems which increases the blood supply and nutrients to muscles; reduces pain, stiffness and muscle fatigue.
Massage therapy reduces stress, relieves pain and provides emotional release. It can be defined as the application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body and is generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue whilst improving circulation as well as promoting relaxation and well-being.
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain
- Increases feelings of peace, calm, relaxation and well being
- Promotes hair growth
- Releases muscle tension
- Reduces pain, stiffness and muscle fatigue
- Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Relieves symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- Increases energy levels
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis